Aurora Downtown announces lineup for First Fridays on March 4. Celebrating its 10th season of art, music and more at dozens of downtown storefronts, First Fridays invites everyone to explore the growing arts and culture scene.
Visitors can tag #firstfridaysaurora and @downtownaurora on Instagram to participate in giveaways.
Nearly two dozen rooms will be open this Friday with the following offers:
• Artesan Lofts Art Gallery, 2 S. Stolp Ave., will host “36,” a solo exhibition by artist Aurora Shelby Anderson, with a raffle for a $36 gift card, 6-8:30 p.m. .
• French 75 Gallery and Lounge, 56 E. Galena Blvd., will present “Petite Paintings with a Punch” featuring smaller paintings by David Hettinger, Daniel Mundy and Hope Ashworth. It will be open until midnight.
• Gary Brown Art Gallery and Studio, 7 S. Broadway, will be open with an updated gallery staging, new artwork by Gary Brown, Mark Radina and Kip Pasta, and antiques from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. h.
• ArtBar at Two Brothers Roundhouse, 205 N. Broadway, will host “HERstory: A Celebration of Women’s History Month Through Art” from 7 p.m. to midnight
• Aurora Tap House, 134 W. Downer Place, will feature live music from Sonic Soul at 9 p.m.
• La Quinta De los Reyes, 36 E. New York St., will feature live music from La Sociedad D’Paul and $8 homemade margaritas from 6 to 9 p.m.
• Altiro Latin Fusion, 1 S. Stolp Ave., will feature live Spanish rock, courtesy of Damián Rivera, 6-8 p.m.
• Tredwell Coffee, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 18, will host Girl Scouts with cookies outside from 5-7 p.m. Visit the cafe from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Endiro Coffee, 29 W. New York St., will feature live music by Cecy Santana and monthly specials from 6-9 p.m.
• Tavern on Broadway, 24 N. Broadway, will feature performances by guitarist Ryan Worthy from 7-9 p.m. and Marco from 9-11 p.m.
• Aurora Public Library, 101 S. River St., will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the Gleeson Irish Trio. Virtual reality equipment and a lucky boat will be at your disposal from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Superjumbo, 102 E. Galena Blvd., will be open with a “Re-Re Opening” as the retro toy store showcases a line of vinyl records from 6-10 p.m.
• Endiro Coffee, 29 W. New York St., will partner with Indivisible Aurora for a chili contest from 5-8 p.m.
• McCarty Mills Taproom and Bottleshop, 140 S. River St., will be open with art, food and music: Smileys BBQ and featured artist Rogue 1. It will be open until midnight.
• The GAR Museum, 23 E. Downer Place, will host Smithsonian’s “Righting A Wrong: Japanese Americans and World War II” from 5-9 p.m.
• Aurora Historical Society, 20 E. Downer Place at the David L. Pierce Art and History Center, will host “Portraits of the Past” featuring dozens of oil and photographic portraits from the 1840s through the 1980s from 6-9 p.m.
• Aurora Regional Fire Museum, 53 N. Broadway, will be open with a “Smoke Alarm Showdown”. Play ring toss for a chance to win a smoke alarm (while supplies last) from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Zen Loft Wellness Center, 6 W. Downer Place, upstairs, will feature music from The County Line and massages for $1/min. I des Angeles will be open for shopping from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Wyckwood House, 14 W. Downer Place, Suite 16, will feature live music from Dan Becker, who will perform Irish music and more from 6-8pm. They will also be hosting Busy Bee Custom Creations with unique custom wooden creations from 5-9pm. pm Offbeat Thrift and Vintage will be offering a coat sale at the bottom.
• Society 57, 100 S. River St., will be open with cocktails and appetizers from 6-9 p.m.
• The Perch, 31 W. Downer Place, will host a “Memorial of the 1,000 paper cranes”. Help fold origami cranes to create a community memorial to commemorate two years of the pandemic from 5-8 p.m.
• Hope Chest, 34 N. Lincoln Ave., will have a storewide sale (exclusions apply) from 4-7 p.m.
For a full map and participating locations, visit auroradowntown.org.