We are always on the lookout for crafts to share during this happy season. From showing you how to make a bow as a gift or decoration to how to DIY a Christmas stocking to hide your little (and delicious) treats. This time you can learn how to make a snowflake in two different ways.
Paper snowflakes are great craft ideas for kids (and unique home decorations if you’re looking for a wintery vibe). You can stick them to your windows, hang them on your walls, and even turn them into a wreath of snowflakes that all your guests can admire. Follow our simple steps on how to make regular and 3D paper snowflakes. You can also watch our video above for step-by-step visuals.
How to make a classic paper snowflake
- Go to folding: Fold your paper diagonally.
- Snip snip: Cut off the excess paper at the bottom.
- Fold your paper in half.
- Fold the paper in thirds.
- Flatten the top of your paper by cutting dots.
- To show creativity: Draw your own pattern for your snowflake.
- Mark all the empty spaces where you haven’t drawn an x.
- Reveal your pattern: Cut out the marked sections and unfold to reveal your snowflake.
Point: Use a low setting to lightly iron your paper snowflakes to smooth out any creases.
How to Make 3D Paper Snowflakes
- Fold your paper diagonally.
- Cut off the excess paper at the bottom.
- Fold the paper in half.
- Cut three diagonal lines along the unfolded edge of your paper.
- Unfold your paper after trimming.
- Glue your center flaps together.
- Turn over and glue all the flaps in the middle of your snowflake.
- Repeat all the previous steps for the other 5 pieces of paper.
- Combine the six papers together in the middle and use your stapler to hold them in place.
- Staple each section together using your stapler.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and uploaded to this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and other similar content on piano.io