At its “Peek Performance” hardware event, Apple announced the third-generation iPhone SE. It’s similar in many ways to the 2020 version, with a 4.7-inch screen surrounded top and bottom by thick bezels. Notably, it’s still the only iPhone Apple sells with Touch ID biometrics. But it’s got three big upgrades since the last-gen phone, and you can probably guess one of them from the name: 5G, claims of better battery life than the previous SE, and the Apple’s modern A15 Bionic processor found in the iPhone 13.
We’ll have a full review of the phone on the site soon. But if you’ve landed on this page, it’s because you want to know how much the iPhone SE with 5G will cost, when you can get it, and if the carriers are offering any great promotions. So that’s exactly what I’m going to do next.
You’ll be able to pre-order the new iPhone SE starting Friday, March 11, and it’ll be released on March 18. It starts at $429 for the 64GB version, and the price increases from there if you want more storage.
Although most Android phones offer great pre-order perks that we recommend taking advantage of, the promotions for this phone are silent. But hey, the biggest benefit of pre-ordering is getting your new phone on launch day.
If you’re buying directly through Apple, trading in your iPhone 8 or newer can get you between $100 and $650 in credit.
Where to buy the iPhone SE with 5G
- The iPhone SE with 64GB of storage costs $429 from Apple.
- The iPhone SE with 128GB of storage costs $479 from Apple.
- The iPhone SE with 256GB of storage costs $579 from Apple.
- Verizon: The new iPhone SE starts at $11.95 per month for 36 months with a Verizon device plan (for a total of $429.99). At Best Buy, it costs $11.94 per month for 36 months. Save that penny!
- T-Mobile: This carrier is offering the iPhone SE for $30 after recouping up to $400 through 24 monthly bill credits by trading in an eligible phone. And if you don’t have a trade-in, it offers half off the new iPhone SE (after 24 monthly bill credits) when you add a new line. At Best Buy, you can get the iPhone SE with 64GB of storage activated on T-Mobile for $17.92 per month for 24 months.
- AT&T: At Best Buy, you can activate the iPhone SE 64GB for $11.95 per month for 36 months.
Read the original article here