August is Happy Month, and Girls Positivity Club founder Melissa Jones joined us Tuesday on “Life.Style.Live!” to share with your family simple activities that you can do in a group or alone to help you choose happiness in your daily life.
1) Make your happiness Visual – There are simple ways to combine happiness and creativity; creativity is known to lead to more happiness.
- Spinner of Happiness – Take a sheet of paper and markers and create a visual for all the good and happy things in your life. Then hang it on your porch or in a room as a creative reminder.
- Jar of Happiness – Each family member chooses a happy moment of the day to place in a special jar or another place to make it visual, such as a bulletin board or paper on the fridge.
Making happiness visual is a surefire way to help you notice all the little things in life that bring you joy.
2) Move your body – Movement releases happiness chemicals like dopamine and serotonin. It also releases stress or negative feelings. Doing something active is a great way to increase not only your happiness, but that of your family as well.
- To take a walk
- Stretch or do yoga together
- Go for a family bike ride
- Jump on the trampoline
- Play ball
Let your family loose and move playfully together. Everyone will be all smiles.
3) Learn something new – There are endless possibilities to learn something new. You can learn as a family or have a time where everyone learns a new thing and teaches it to the family over dinner. You will be amazed at the happiness and connection it brings to you and your family.
- Read or watch a YouTube tutorial on a topic that interests you (drawing and painting tutorials are great for kids)
- Go to a pottery place for an afternoon
- Learn simple origami animals
- Go to a museum
- Try a new recipe
- Learn to Hydrodip
For more information, Click here.