Date published: 2022-10-17 | Category: Inheritance
Museums and venues in Bath and North East Somerset will be hosting an exciting program of special events and activities during mid-October term for Museum Week (22-30 October 2022).
Organized by Bath & North East Somerset Council, Museum Week celebrates the unique collections and activities of our local museums.
Councilor Kevin Guy, Head of the Council, said: ‘There are Museum Week activities going on every day during October mid-term, ranging from a planetarium show and train rides period to creative arts and crafts sessions. Many events and activities are free for local families with a Discovery Card – visit the Museum Week website for full details.
- Explore it Roman baths torchlight, celebrate the Festival of Lights and make a mini light
- Go ‘Catwalk Crazy’ and create your own life-size fashion creations at fashion museum
- Make a wonderful mask inspired by the works of art of the Victoria Art Gallery
- Visit Bath Archives Office To see the One hundred years of houses in Bath exhibition and make a collage on the theme of housing
- Meet medieval monks at Bath Abbeyand learn about their skills, including book illustration in the “Scriptorium”, spinning and weaving, and concocting herbal medicines
- Learn about famous astronomers William and Caroline Herschel at Amazing Space Discoveries planetarium show Bath Central Library
- Become an apprentice detective on a discovery tour around Beckford Tower and create a souvenir to take home
- Admire the city’s gold, silver, and civic regalia at the mayor’s lounge
- Enjoy open days and vintage train rides in Midsomer Norton South Stationpart of the original Somerset and Dorset Joint Railway
- Make spooky origami Halloween decorations at the East Asian Art Museum: ghosts, pumpkins, bats, witches and more!
- Admire the fine porcelain of No.1 Royal Crescent and decorate your own Georgian style plate
There are also plenty of offers for adults, including lectures, tours and exhibitions.
For the full list of events, please visit www.bathmuseumsweek.co.uk.
Event dates and times vary – please check the website for details. Advance booking is essential in some places.
The Discovery Card gives residents of Bath and North East Somerset free access to heritage sites owned by the Council, including the Roman Baths, Fashion Museum, Victoria Art Gallery and Parade Gardens, as well as discounts with participating local attractions and businesses.
For more information and to request a discovery card, visit: www.bathnes.gov.uk/discoverycard