The two-day Toledo Zoo Art Fair will feature local artwork for sale, live music and animal painting demonstrations from some of the zoo’s most talented residents.
TOLEDO, Ohio – For two days, the Toledo Zoo will transform into a sprawling art fair for the enjoyment of humans and animals.
The zoo’s “Wild About Art” event is back and will feature works by local and regional artists on display and for sale.
The art fair will also feature painting demonstrations by local artists.
Some of these artists won’t have to travel too far to show off their skills. The zoo animals will take part in art demonstrations during the fair to give an extra touch to the activities.
Zoo visitors can also enjoy music from the Toledo School of the Arts and the Millenius String Quartet.
Wild About Art will take place on August 13 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on August 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The art festival is free with admission to the zoo.
For more information, see the Toledo Zoo website and the calendar of events below.
- 10:30 a.m. red pandas, primate forest
- 11 a.m. African Elephants, Tembo Trail
- 11:30 a.m. Tamandua, Nature district
- 1:30 p.m. Penguins, penguin beach
- 2 p.m. African Elephants, Tembo Trail
- 2:30 p.m. Reptile House painting demonstration
- 3 p.m. Red pandas, primate forest
Live performances and artistic demonstrations
- All day – Kids’ Art Zone, Nature district
- All Day – Chalk Art Demonstrations with Ice Creations, Throughout the Art Fair
- 10.30 a.m. – 12 p.m., Millenius String Quartet, main square
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m., Origami Demo, main square
- From 12 p.m. to 3 p.m., artistic evening of the Toledo School for the Arts (TSA), Near ProMedica Natural History Museum
- 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. – TSA Pop Combo, broadway square
- 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. – TSA Urban Jazz Collective, main square
- 12:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – TSA Glass City Steel Drums, broadway square
- 3 p.m. – TSA Urban Jazz Collective, main square