Happy Wednesday, residents of Westwood! Here’s everything you need to know about what’s happening in the city today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Warmer with clouds and sun. High: 70 Low: 49.
Here are the best stories today in Westwood:
- Letter from Westwood to the editor in support of Hanlon-Deerfield (Westwood Patch)
- Whichever way you slice it, Joseph Bianco III makes a tasty case of sausage (The Boston Globe)
- CDC Expected to Issue New Vacation Guidelines After Apparent Incident | (Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News)
- Some tents must go to Boston’s “untenable” Methadone Mile: DA (Boston Herald)
- Case of Boston Marathon Bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev to be Heard in New Term of Supreme Court (WCVB Boston)
- Depression increased in first year of pandemic, BU (WBUR) researchers say
Today’s Westwood newsletter is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
- Westwood Public Library, MA: “Drop by our Makerspace this week Wednesday from 2 to 4 to create this origami black cat bookmark! Our Makerspace also has fun things like Legos and kits that kids in Kindergarten through 5th grade can experiment and build. ! ” (Facebook)
- Westwood Public Library, MA: “Hallow-Read Around the World Badge Spotlight. Today is the start of the Cambodian Pchum Ben Party. Learn more about Pchum Ben, complete an activity and earn the badge in Beanstack! Our Hallow-Read challenge is happening from October 1 … ” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are officially in the loop for today! See you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Mary ellen gambon
About me: I am a freelance publisher from Massachusetts covering the towns of Canton, Dedham, Norwood, Westwood, and Walpole, MA. I am originally from Boston and began my career as a journalist in 1994. I graduated from Boston University where I obtained a bachelor’s degree in journalism and political science. In 2002, I obtained a master’s degree in public administration from the University of Massachusetts in Boston. I am a Pulliam Fellow 1994, a national award given to 10 university graduates who pursue careers in journalism. I was previously a reporter for Gazette Publications, Inc., The Dedham TImes, The Daily Transcript and The Parkway-West Roxbury Transcript. For the past four years, I have been a freelance journalist with Bulletin Newspapers, Inc. and Gannett, Inc. covering Greater Boston. I also write for The Hopkinton Independent.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Westwood Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.